Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default delta faucets

I've spent 2 days this weekend without water because of a delta
faucet.

After about 8 hrs of trying to repair the faucet myself, I've got a
plumber coming Monday.
Its virtually impossible for a layman to replace the springs and seats
on a delta faucet.
The faucet is of such poor quality that they wont seat properly
without leaking unless a professioanl plumber does it at $65/hr.

The delta website provides little in the way of help. I found a half
dozen other websites that provided more info on how to repair a faucet
then delta does.

My house is barely 5 yrs old. No reason I should have a leaky faucet
except for the poor quality of delta faucets. Customer support has
been non existent so far. You don't want to go through what I am now.
Spend the extra money and buy a quality faucet. Delta repair products
are cheap, the problem is the $65/hr plumbers charge and only a
plumber will be able to seat such cheap spring seat propertly without
leaking.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Delta faucets are total crap. Avoid them. You get what you pay for
sometimes. Stick with Kohler and similar brands.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article . com,
wrote:
I've spent 2 days this weekend without water because of a delta
faucet.

After about 8 hrs of trying to repair the faucet myself, I've got a
plumber coming Monday.
Its virtually impossible for a layman to replace the springs and seats
on a delta faucet.
The faucet is of such poor quality that they wont seat properly
without leaking unless a professioanl plumber does it at $65/hr.

All you have demonstrated here is that your DIY plumbing skills are
non-existant. Changing the washers & springs on a Delta faucet is
trivially easy. The one precaution is to use genuine Delta parts. Some
of the Non-Delta parts don't work well.

And to be completely without water because of a problem with one faucet
seems unlikely. Don't you have water shutoffs under the sink?

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Heck of a nice fella, isn't he? Some of us, me for example, are
hopeless at fixing things ourselves. Doesn't mean I'm stupid. I write
for a living. Let me see some of your writing sometime. That is, some
more of your writing.

On Feb 5, 3:31 pm, (Rich Greenberg) wrote:

All you have demonstrated here is that your DIY plumbing skills are
non-existant.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Ah, but of course I am an excellent writer and journalist. But that's
beside the point.

On Feb 5, 5:46 pm, LDC wrote:

Nor does the fact that you write for a living mean you aren't stupid. Nor
a good writer for that matter.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

For what it's worth, for the addition I'm building to my house, my
plumber and lead contractor both cursed Delta as garbage and told me
to stay away. They weren't pushing or selling any products, just
relating their experiences with Delta.

The OP lacked plumbing skills but blamed it on the fixture. He couldn't accept
that it was his shortcoming that caused him to go without water for so long.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...
My house is barely 5 yrs old. No reason I should have a leaky faucet
except for the poor quality of delta faucets. Customer support has
been non existent so far. You don't want to go through what I am now.
Spend the extra money and buy a quality faucet. Delta repair products
are cheap, the problem is the $65/hr plumbers charge and only a
plumber will be able to seat such cheap spring seat propertly without
leaking.

If it is that bad, go to the hardware store, spend $100 bucks and buy a new
faucet set. Either install it yourself or pay the plumber to put in the new
one.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
TH TH is offline

On Feb 5, 1:48 pm, wrote:
Heck of a nice fella, isn't he? Some of us, me for example, are
hopeless at fixing things ourselves. Doesn't mean I'm stupid. I write
for a living. Let me see some of your writing sometime. That is, some
more of your writing.

Why don't you write about why Delta faucets are "total crap". Just
saying something is crap doesn't mean anything.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
TH TH is offline

On Feb 4, 8:36 pm, wrote:
[...]

Did you use a Delta kit? I repaired my kitchen faucet once with a non
Delta kit and it still leaked. Had to do it over with a Delta kit. Not
too hard, takes about 15 minutes.

In my last house of ~ 20 years. I had two different brand of Kitchen
faucets.
American Standard and a Delta. Each seemed to need to be rebuilt about
every 3- 5 years. I think it depends on how hard the kids are on
turning it on and off.

Other than that I did have a problem where the nozzle button quit
working.
I called Delta to try to buy a new replacement, and they send me a new
nozzle, hose and rebuild kit free of charge. No questions asked.
Pretty darn good customer service.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Feb 12, 3:58�pm, "TH" wrote:
On Feb 4, 8:36 pm, wrote:

[...]

Pretty darn good customer service.- Hide quoted text -

Most plumbers will ONLY replace faucet if it needs anything more than
a washer.

I use only deltas, although I heard quality dropped when they moved
production overseas, but have no confirmation of that.

So whats the offending faucet doing? Single or two handle? Get plumber
to install shutoff valves thru home avoids BIG hassles later, install
ONLY BALL VALVES as shut offs!!!!

Delta vs. Peerless Kitchen Faucets PV Home Repair 9 May 13th 17 06:25 PM
outside faucets doug Home Repair 6 August 11th 06 02:58 PM
Delta faucets raf2423 Home Repair 1 April 23rd 06 01:58 PM
Electricity in Faucets? [email protected] Home Repair 40 April 8th 06 09:52 PM
Faucets - Bath Chas Home Repair 4 September 19th 05 07:24 PM