Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default delta faucets

In article . com,
wrote:
I've spent 2 days this weekend without water because of a delta
faucet.

After about 8 hrs of trying to repair the faucet myself, I've got a
plumber coming Monday.
Its virtually impossible for a layman to replace the springs and seats
on a delta faucet.
The faucet is of such poor quality that they wont seat properly
without leaking unless a professioanl plumber does it at $65/hr.

All you have demonstrated here is that your DIY plumbing skills are
non-existant. Changing the washers & springs on a Delta faucet is
trivially easy. The one precaution is to use genuine Delta parts. Some
of the Non-Delta parts don't work well.

And to be completely without water because of a problem with one faucet
seems unlikely. Don't you have water shutoffs under the sink?

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L