Posted to alt.home.repair
PV PV is offline

Default Delta vs. Peerless Kitchen Faucets

Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless faucet for
the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

Posted to alt.home.repair

PV wrote:
Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless
faucet for the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

I would tend to think there is no easy answer to your question. The
reason is I believe both make several lines of products of different
quality. You are not likely to find their best stuff at the DIY store.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PV" wrote in message
Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless faucet
for the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

My understanding is the both come from the same assembly line and are just
packaged in different boxes. The handles do vary but the insides are the
same for the higher priced Peerless and the lower priced Delta.

For sure the replacement parts are the same.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PV" wrote:

Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless faucet for
the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

Over 10 years ago I bought a Delta single lever kitchen faucet with
the pull out sprayer. The sprayer started leaking a few weeks ago. I
called Delta and they sent me a new sprayer and a complete rebuild kit
for no charge under their lifetime warranty. I received the parts in
less than a week.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Posted to alt.home.repair

"PV" wrote in message
Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless faucet
for the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

Its the same faucet, just different handles and packaging.

Posted to alt.home.repair

look at american standard ceramic valve faucets..and save yourself
alot of trouble down the line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Rusling wrote:

"PV" wrote:

Tried googling through this group but no luck,

Looking for the pros and cons in purchasing a Delta or a Peerless faucet for
the kitchen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PV

Over 10 years ago I bought a Delta single lever kitchen faucet with
the pull out sprayer. The sprayer started leaking a few weeks ago. I
called Delta and they sent me a new sprayer and a complete rebuild kit
for no charge under their lifetime warranty. I received the parts in
less than a week.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Mustang, OK
http://www.rusling.org

Right. Unfortunately most people forget that items have lifetime
warrantees, loose receipts and think they can't get service without it
(usually not the case) or simply think it's too much trouble to make a
phone call.

Most companies are a lot better with warranty service than people think.
A few examples:

A friend had a Triplet telephone loop tester sitting in his unheated
garage over the winter. Some spring he found the batteries had leaked
and made a heck of a mess. He was ready to toss it when I suggested
calling the 800 warranty number on the batteries (most big brands have
this). He called the next day and they had him ship the unit to them. A
week later a brand new $500 tester arrived and even an upgraded model
since the previous one was no longer made. This was a $500 tester
replaced from $2 in batteries.

I spent a summer working at a stereo / VCR repair place owned by a
friend. A failed stereo receiver came in that had been purchased at one
of the "gray market" fair type sales. It was a name brand unit that we
were a factory authorized service station for. Knowing this was a gray
market item and therefore non warrantee we called the manufacturer for
instructions. The manufacturer instructed us to tell the customer that
those "gray market" sales are not authorized vendors and don't carry
factory warrantees - and to repair it under warrantee anyway. This was a
case where the manufacturer clearly had no obligation but took care of
it anyway for good will.

A few days before I was going to move I had a Linksys (Cisco) WiFi
access point die. I already had most of my stuff packed and there was no
way to find a receipt. The unit also had a 1 year warrantee and I knew I
purchased it somewhere between 10-15 months earlier. I called Linksys
anyway and gave them that information. They without hesitation said no
problem, send it in and the promptly shipped a replacement to my new
address a week later.

That said, there are a few sucky manufacturers out there as well. A
couple examples:

I had a moderately high end refrigerator (~$1,600) fail less than one
month out of warrantee that the manufacturer didn't want to cover. This
certainly lost them my good will. I ended up repairing it myself and
indeed fabricating a replacement for the broken plastic damper door
(good to have a machine shop). It's been running fine ever since.

I had the clutch die on my 1T truck at about 26,000 miles that the
manufacturer didn't want to cover. This was at the same time that my
previous truck from the same manufacturer was at 165,000 miles on the
original clutch and still going so they certainly couldn't claim I
didn't know how to drive a standard. This got them on my black list so
they won't make any more sales to me.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Pete C. wrote:
Jim Rusling wrote:

"PV" wrote:

[...]

My Craftsman clickit torque wrench "broke"; i use the term loosely, the
crummy plastic lock ring for the setting got weak from all the oil and
opened up so it doesn't hold the setting tight. Otherwise, no problem,
all the rest of it is metal not plastic. Craftsman doesn't lifetime
warranty torque wrenches, it turns out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to PV, Tim wrote:
Peerless faucets are made by Delta

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ts-134816-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/17 11:14 PM, Tim wrote:
replying to PV, Tim wrote:
Peerless faucets are made by Delta

....which brand is in turn owned by Masco Corp...

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.