Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Best brands in refrigerators?

Thanks KLS for your feedback re/ your GE refrigerator. I have found
Amana and Maytag models which also fit what I am looking for (large
refrigerator capacity, quiet/well insulated, good price and fewer bells
and whistles). There is are bottom freezer Amana and Maytag models for
$1000 to $1200. I'd prefer top freezer models but the GE is the only
large capacity one I have found. I've expanded the subject heading so
that refrigerator models of all kinds (rather than only GE) can be
represented for general feedback. Thanks, Dorian

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Dorian" writes:

Thanks KLS for your feedback re/ your GE refrigerator. I have found
Amana and Maytag models which also fit what I am looking for (large
refrigerator capacity, quiet/well insulated, good price and fewer bells
and whistles). There is are bottom freezer Amana and Maytag models for
$1000 to $1200. I'd prefer top freezer models but the GE is the only
large capacity one I have found. I've expanded the subject heading so
that refrigerator models of all kinds (rather than only GE) can be
represented for general feedback. Thanks, Dorian

Consumer Reports does a very thorough and nice roundup of fridges
annually. I got a Whirlpool manufactured Kenmore they recommended
(side by side) and have been very pleased thusfar.

You can get their reports online sometimes for free, but if you sign
up for the online service, I think it's a whopping $5/month and you
can cancel after one month.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/