Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default ASKO dishwasher that's been misbehaving

I have an ASKO dishwasher that's been misbehaving; when switched on it
fills with water then, when things are supposed to start spinning &
spraying......nothing.

The "spinner/sprayer things" (sorry to be so technical) rotate freely,
it is obvious that the force of the water spraying out of them is what
makes them move. Not so obvious is if it is water pressure generated by

the machine, or just just the hot water pipe that connects it to my
house. Anyone know?

I'm considering the possibility that perhaps the water tube leading to
the spinner/sprayer things has been blocked by debris. If so - draino??

(not that I want that near to my dishes) Perhaps trying to "plunge" it
out?

Alternately if the machine itself generates the water pressure for
these, I suppose that mechanism could be broken.

Any advise on fixing this myself before I call a repairman?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to misc.consumers.house

If it's filling with water just fine, then it may be your pump (the
technical term is 'pressure-maker') that is not working.

I wouldn't think that there is a blockage in the connection, mostly
because the pump should generate enough pressure to blow out debris - look
what it can blow off your dishes.

Funny story alert: My neighbours had trouble with their dishwasher. It
sounded like it was filling with water but it wasn't and it didn't run.
My husband went over to have a look at it. He checked the water
connections in basement first. He noticed that the water pipe for the
dishwasher had been routed through an unfamiliar device using a much
smaller copper pipe. He asked what it was. It was a water purification
system that they had had installed to give them sparkling clean, pure
water to the spigot on their fancy fridge. The company had installed it
on the dishwasher piping instead.

There are many lessons in this story. Be careful who you let work in your
house. If something stops working right after you had something else
done, it may not be a coincidence. Check the simple things first.

"Paul" ) writes:
[...]

help with ASKO dishwasher, no water spraying inside.. Paul Home Repair 6 August 26th 06 03:48 AM
Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil? [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 10th 06 03:58 PM
Kenmore Elite "TurboZone" dishwasher versus Asko D3122 T. T. Home Ownership 2 July 19th 06 03:36 AM
connecting water supply to new dishwasher Bill Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:23 AM
Asko dishwasher model# 1502 -- to repair or to replace?? T.T. Home Ownership 3 February 9th 04 01:08 AM