Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
matt

Default tall skinny trash bags?

We bought a skinny tall trash barrel without thinking of the bag issue.
Anyone know of a place you can get tall skinny kitchen trash bags?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Don Phillipson

"matt" wrote in message
ups.com...

We bought a skinny tall trash barrel without thinking of the bag issue.
Anyone know of a place you can get tall skinny kitchen trash bags?

You could find bags of the right width and use two, a second
atop the first when it is full.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house
matt

ahh, but my problem is that all bags are too wide. If I could only find
a trash bag normal kitchen height and half the width I would be in
heaven. Or at least not thorwing away my trash bin.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
shinypenny

matt wrote:
ahh, but my problem is that all bags are too wide. If I could only find
a trash bag normal kitchen height and half the width I would be in
heaven. Or at least not thorwing away my trash bin.

We have a skinny trash bin too. When it's full, you take the bag out
and the bag is only half full. What we do is then take the bag from
room to room and empty all the other trash cans into it. If it's still
not quite full, we take a hit at the fridge and discard old stuff.
Usually that's all that's needed to properly fill it before taking it
to the curb.

jen

Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS

On 27 Apr 2006 12:21:14 -0700, "shinypenny"
wrote:

matt wrote:
ahh, but my problem is that all bags are too wide. If I could only find
a trash bag normal kitchen height and half the width I would be in
heaven. Or at least not thorwing away my trash bin.

We have a skinny trash bin too. When it's full, you take the bag out
and the bag is only half full. What we do is then take the bag from
room to room and empty all the other trash cans into it. If it's still
not quite full, we take a hit at the fridge and discard old stuff.
Usually that's all that's needed to properly fill it before taking it
to the curb.

You mean, there are OTHER people who do this, too???? vbg

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes

wrote:

matt wrote:
ahh, but my problem is that all bags are too wide. If I could only find
a trash bag normal kitchen height and half the width I would be in
heaven. Or at least not thorwing away my trash bin.

We have a skinny trash bin too. When it's full, you take the bag out
and the bag is only half full. What we do is then take the bag from
room to room and empty all the other trash cans into it. If it's still
not quite full, we take a hit at the fridge and discard old stuff.
Usually that's all that's needed to properly fill it before taking it
to the curb.

You mean, there are OTHER people who do this, too???? vbg

We do this too. I leave it loosely tied in the garage and we always find
other stuff to put into it, especially garage and car stuff.
Tomes

Harbor Freight DC Jimmy Woodworking 12 November 18th 05 05:11 PM
Garbage bags falling down Charlie S. Home Repair 11 November 14th 05 06:33 PM
Jet canister dust collector & bags Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 8 February 13th 05 05:22 AM
Jet Canister Dust Collector & Bags Owen Lowe Woodturning 2 February 12th 05 09:46 AM
How Tall Are 30 Gallon Metal Trash Cans Big John Woodworking 0 December 21st 04 11:46 PM