Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Vertical vs. Horizontal Blinds

I need to buy blinds for my living room. I have never done it so I am
looking for an advice.

I live in an apartment building in New York. The window frame is made
of metal so the blinds will have to be mounted to the ceiling.
Horizontally, the window stretches across the whole width of the room
(except for a few inches on both sides to account for the metal frame).

- Left half has a window sill, there's room heater/air continioner
under the sill
- Right half has a sliding glass balcony door and the ajacent tall
window, so that half stretches from floor to ceiling vertically

I have an option of installing 2 vertical blinds where the left blind
will be shorter (where the still/heater is) and the right blind that
would be larger and would cover the sliding balcony door and the
adjacent window.

Or, I can install 2 horizontal blinds.

What would be the best choice for my situation?

Many thanks in advance.