Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Fred

Default Hot water furnace problem.

I have a New Yorker hot water furnace that provides my baseboard heat and my
domestic hot water. The problem that I am having is the burner comes on
when it should and shuts down when it should and runs within the limits set
on the aquastat control. The problem is after the burner shuts down upon
reaching the proper temperature there is a delay and then it starts again
and runs 2-3 seconds and then shuts down. I have a burner service contract
and the system is maintained under this contract. The burner service people
cannot figure out what is going on with this problem. They have replaced
the aquastat control and checked all the settings to insure they are
properly set. This only happens during cold weather when it is being used
for heat and hot water. In the summer when it is used for the hot water
only, it runs ok. Has anyone else had a similar problem or any ideas of
what could cause this problem? Thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions that might solve this problem.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:01:45 GMT, someone wrote:

I have a New Yorker hot water furnace...

Just an aside, "hot water furnace" is an oxymoron. It's a hot air
furnace, and a hot water boiler. In heating parlance, Furnace = Heats
Air; Boiler = Heats Water. If you go saying to a contractor "hot
water furnace", they'll know you are noob.