Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bob

Default Lopi Fireplace Inserts - Blower recommended or not?

My wife and I are interested in installing a Lopi wood burning insert
in our house (The Revere). We live in a bungalow, about 1700 square
feet. Would it be prudent or even necessary to buy the blower
attachment? Does it heat the house that much better or more
efficiently than just using the radiant heat natural to the unit,
especially considering the fire will be burning all the time? Also, I
have heard that there are dry air issues that come with radiant heat.
Any suggestions? I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
DogDaddy

I had a Lopi insert, and I was never happy with it.
Could not burn more than 24hrs without shutting down or the burnpot would
get clogged.
I bought a Avalon freestanding that I can burn for 3-4 days without
cleaning. I removed the lopi and vented the new stove in front of the
fireplace. More heat now, and less work. The Lopi sits in my basement.
"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife and I are interested in installing a Lopi wood burning insert
in our house (The Revere). We live in a bungalow, about 1700 square
feet. Would it be prudent or even necessary to buy the blower
attachment? Does it heat the house that much better or more
efficiently than just using the radiant heat natural to the unit,
especially considering the fire will be burning all the time? Also, I
have heard that there are dry air issues that come with radiant heat.
Any suggestions? I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bob

What Lopi insert did you have?

Gas heater makes high-pitched whining noise but it's NOT the blower??? N Harrison Home Repair 10 January 4th 16 04:44 AM
Fireplace Blower? Don Home Repair 7 October 13th 05 03:59 AM
Central A/C blower problem BTD Home Repair 6 February 1st 05 02:43 PM
Problem with gas fireplace Mike Home Ownership 0 October 26th 04 02:37 AM
wood burning fireplace inserts RM2695 Home Repair 3 January 20th 04 04:26 PM