Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
ap

Default getting rid of nocturnal pest

Hello,
Posted a while back regarding a nocturnal pest
that keeps scratching/knocking either our attic or
chimney up in the roof at night.

We had a mice inspector come to the attic and
found no traces of mice. Thus, we have been unable
to identify the pest that is bothering us.

Is there some device or material we can buy and
place on our attic to keep nocturnal pests away?

Thanks for any info!

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tracey

"ap" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is there some device or material we can buy and
place on our attic to keep nocturnal pests away?

Mothballs might convince him to stay away for a while.

We had a squirrel that decided to eat thru a facia board on our house and
live in the soffits. That was a lot of fun. In the end, we had to cover up
the hole with some metal sheet stuff, and he went away to live somewhere
else.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Peter Jason

"Tracey" wrote in message

"ap" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is there some device or material we can buy and
place on our attic to keep nocturnal pests away?

Mothballs might convince him to stay away for a while.

We had a squirrel that decided to eat thru a facia board on our house and
live in the soffits. That was a lot of fun. In the end, we had to cover
up the hole with some metal sheet stuff, and he went away to live
somewhere else.

After you kicked him out of home and hearth, he wandered the streets begging
to support his wife and little ones.

Sadly, he succumbed to cold and starvation and his wife and children were
sold for cat meat.

Shame!

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Howard Beale

"ap" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Posted a while back regarding a nocturnal pest
that keeps scratching/knocking either our attic or
chimney up in the roof at night.

We had a mice inspector come to the attic and
found no traces of mice. Thus, we have been unable
to identify the pest that is bothering us.

Is there some device or material we can buy and
place on our attic to keep nocturnal pests away?

I'm told that a radio tuned to talk stations and turned up pretty loud is
disturbing to at least Racoons, if not other larger pests.

Throw one up there and crank it up. Might have to sleep with earplugs for a
few nights and/or explain to the neighbors what's going on, but it might
just drive whatever's bugging you away.

You could also rent a live animal trap, bait it and see if you catch
anything.

Lawn Pest Ray K. Home Repair 3 August 15th 05 11:38 PM
Pest Control Treatments [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 25th 05 11:07 PM
Need recommendations for a pest control company [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 5th 05 05:42 AM
Recommendation for local pest control company Sum Home Repair 1 August 29th 03 04:46 AM
Self-help pest control??? (Tubes in wall) ted Home Repair 2 July 29th 03 01:52 AM