Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Matt M

Default Proper siding caulking procedure?

We are in the process of selling our home, which has T1-11 siding. The
house inspector suggested that the siding needed to be caulked, and our
buyer requested it. The siding and paint job looks very good (it's a
new home), but we agreed to do it anyway.

So, we asked a siding contractor to caulk our house. After the job was
done, we realized he used white caulking instead of clear caulking, so
now we have to repaint thw house because it looks so bad.

Our contractor says we should have had the foresight to request clear
caulking if that's what we wanted. In my opinion, that's why I hired a
"professional"... to make those professional decisions for me.

So, my question is this:

Does this sound like standard practice/procedure, to use white caulking
unless otherwise stated by the customer (he says it is)? Has anyone
else run into similar problems?

Thanks,
Matt