Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

stoonfer

Default Snow Thrower - Yard Machine

I've never owned a snow thrower and am buying my first one this year.
Home Depot has the Yard Machine 8HP Electric Start Snowthrower Model
31AS6FEE729 for $698. Can anyone give me a heads-up on this brand
good, bad, or otherwise?

Bronco

MTD is a very competent product. I think for the value, their 2-stage
is the best one built. Assuming you have a fair amount of snow, I
would not recommend a single stage and I would not recommend going any
less than the 8hp you mentioned --they clog and bog down in very heavy
snow. Consider shopping around and getting a 10hp.

Tecumseh engines are very good but it is very important that you do not
use cheap gas in them. Avoid BP gas!!!!

Electric start is very nice if you have a bad back like me.