Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Sumner

Default Electric Tankless Water Heaters

About two years ago I purchased a 4unit apartment building in Houston.
Each unit has 1 bathroom and a kitchen, no dishwashers or w/d, each with
it's own water heater in the kitchen (a real eyesore). I'd like to
replace the conventional electric water heaters with tankless models to
conserve space and improve the appearance. Has anybody had any
experience with these units? I know that the current circuits will need
to be upgraded from 30amp to at least 50amp. Other than that, is the
installation pretty much plug-and-play? Is there any radiant heat
generated from the operation of the units? Do they make any noise while
operating?