David Sumner

Thanks a lot!!! This is incredibly helpful reading.

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:
David Sumner wrote:

About two years ago I purchased a 4unit apartment building in Houston.
Each unit has 1 bathroom and a kitchen, no dishwashers or w/d, each with
it's own water heater in the kitchen (a real eyesore). I'd like to
replace the conventional electric water heaters with tankless models to
conserve space and improve the appearance.

Wow. About every other month, someone posts here thinking that this wonderful
new hot water system they dicovered called tankless is going to save them a
bunch of money every month. This is the first time someone actually has a good
reason!

Has anybody had any
experience with these units? I know that the current circuits will need
to be upgraded from 30amp to at least 50amp. Other than that, is the
installation pretty much plug-and-play? Is there any radiant heat
generated from the operation of the units? Do they make any noise while
operating?

State Industries has done a good whitepaper on tankless considerations,
including power requirements and installation.

http://www.stateind.com/new/Tankless_WhitePaper.pdf