Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

"bob" wrote:

I have a tankless water heater in my home and it works great!

The issue is not whether they work well or not. Assuming the tankless heater is
from a reputable manufacturer and is installed properly, it should work fine
under most conditions. There are some corner conditions (like very low flow)
where they may or may not work so well.

The issue is whether or not it is cheaper to use tankless over a storage tank.
While tankless can be less expensive to run in some situations, the overall cost
when you look at acquisition, installation, operation and replacement is at best
equal and in many cases more than would be for a storeage tank system.

That said, there are a few situations (like retrofit, vacation home, unusual
architecture) where you might be willing to pay the extra cost to solve a
specific problem.