Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Jenny

Default ceiling fan wiring

I bought a Hunter ceiling fan with a remote control.

I have connected all wires as specified in the book, yet it still does not
work.

there were 4 wires out from the ceiling: black, white, red, and copper.
Black to black from receiver, white to white from receiver. The red wire is
for the wall switch, so I connected the red and black together.

ceiling fan light turns on fine, but fan does not move. I hear a click sound
from the receiver when I press the remote button..

Could be a bad unit, but does anyone see my wiring wrong??

thanks

First of all please disconnect the thing until you get a real answer in
case of fire.

The b/w/r/c coming from the ceiling sounds like three-way wire with
ground. Are there two switches that can control this thing ?