Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
js5895

Default gas trimmer won't start

Hi,

I can't get my gas trimmer to start.
The instructions say:
1 Slowly press the primer bulb 7x.
2 Set to "FULL CHOKE".
3 Squeeze throttle trigger fully and pull
starter handle sharply until engine attempts
to run (no more than 8x).
4 Set to "HALF CHOKE".
5 Squeeze throttle trigger fully and pull
starter handle until engine runs
(no more than 6x).
6 Allow engine to run 15 seconds, set to "RUN".
I followed that, and it wouldn't start. My neighbor came over,
primed it 3 times, set it to run, squeezed and held throttle down,
and pulled the starter handle and the engine started, at lease
I think that's what he did because, he did it so fast I couldn't see
it.
I did the same and I can't start it, how do you people start them?
Also, what's with the full choke/half choke lever, I know what it is,
I just don't know when to use it.

Thanks, for all your help.