steve

When first starting my gas (2 stroke) trimmer I set the choke to fully
closed and prime the bulb a few times.

I pull the cord a few times while holding the throttle trigger wide open
until I hear the engine try to start (It typically wont run with full choke)

At this point I will set the choke to about half way and give it another
pull (with throttle trigger held wide open) and it usually starts.

After a 15 or so seconds I open the choke all the way so the motor
doesn't load up with too much fuel.

Pulling on the throttle trigger at the same time I pull the cord seems
necessary to get it to start at all so don't forget.

I think that once you get the hang of the 'trick' for your trimmer you
will remember what its particular needs are and never have another problem.

Good luck, and remember to wear shoes and glasses when using it.

Steve

js5895 wrote:
Hi,

I can't get my gas trimmer to start.
The instructions say:
1 Slowly press the primer bulb 7x.
2 Set to "FULL CHOKE".
3 Squeeze throttle trigger fully and pull
starter handle sharply until engine attempts
to run (no more than 8x).
4 Set to "HALF CHOKE".
5 Squeeze throttle trigger fully and pull
starter handle until engine runs
(no more than 6x).
6 Allow engine to run 15 seconds, set to "RUN".
I followed that, and it wouldn't start. My neighbor came over,
primed it 3 times, set it to run, squeezed and held throttle down,
and pulled the starter handle and the engine started, at lease
I think that's what he did because, he did it so fast I couldn't see
it.
I did the same and I can't start it, how do you people start them?
Also, what's with the full choke/half choke lever, I know what it is,
I just don't know when to use it.

Thanks, for all your help.