Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

lbbss

Default What to look for in a Gazebo / Canopy tent (wind concern)

I am looking to get a gazebo (not the wooden type) 10x10. I have seen some
with the angled decorative metal posts. I am concerned that it seemed a
bit wobbly. Could a medium strength wind topple this kind of gazebo?

micren

I have one of these and it gets tossed around fairly easily in the
wind. During the spring I have to take off the canvas so it will stay
in place. These are suitable for one or two years if you are lucky.
They are all imported and made as cheaply and quickly as possible, so
you get what you pay for.

Ron Peterson

lbbss wrote:
I am looking to get a gazebo (not the wooden type) 10x10. I have

seen some
with the angled decorative metal posts. I am concerned that it

seemed a
bit wobbly. Could a medium strength wind topple this kind of

gazebo?

I have a Casita screenhouse (11.5 foot diameter) and stake it down with
good size plastic stakes and haven't had any appreciable problems for
several years. I do take the roof off before it snows.

--
Ron

Grizzly Tent Sale LRod Woodworking 7 April 9th 05 03:53 PM
Wind speed / direction circuit Kiwi Pete Electronics 1 February 9th 05 03:55 PM
Living without air conditioning. Gunluvver2 Metalworking 141 August 6th 04 05:30 AM