DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What to look for in a Gazebo / Canopy tent (wind concern) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/102732-what-look-gazebo-canopy-tent-wind-concern.html)

lbbss April 14th 05 04:09 PM

What to look for in a Gazebo / Canopy tent (wind concern)

I am looking to get a gazebo (not the wooden type) 10x10. I have seen some
with the angled decorative metal posts. I am concerned that it seemed a
bit wobbly. Could a medium strength wind topple this kind of gazebo?

micren April 16th 05 05:02 AM

I have one of these and it gets tossed around fairly easily in the
wind. During the spring I have to take off the canvas so it will stay
in place. These are suitable for one or two years if you are lucky.
They are all imported and made as cheaply and quickly as possible, so
you get what you pay for.

Ron Peterson April 16th 05 05:11 AM

lbbss wrote:
I am looking to get a gazebo (not the wooden type) 10x10. I have

seen some
with the angled decorative metal posts. I am concerned that it

seemed a
bit wobbly. Could a medium strength wind topple this kind of

gazebo?

I have a Casita screenhouse (11.5 foot diameter) and stake it down with
good size plastic stakes and haven't had any appreciable problems for
several years. I do take the roof off before it snows.

--
Ron