Electronics (alt.electronics)

Kiwi Pete

Default Wind speed / direction circuit

Hello, does anyone have or know of a simple circuit i can use in conjunction
with a wind direction vane and windspeed cups. These two units have
telephone cable attached to them. The wind direction uses 3 wires that are
connected to what looks like a printed circuit PCB potentometer and the wind
speed unit has a simple read switch with two wires to it.
I would also like to perhaps hook it up to my PC too.

--

Thanks, Kiwi Pete.

CoyoteBoy

I'm working on something similar -without the potentiometer as im not
interested in direction, and using photo-diode interruption for
reduced friction. My only problem is im not looking for a cable
connection, im hoping to somehow utilise an old mobile phone so that i
can dial into it from my home PC and get relevant data without being
the 25 miles away at the site.

a simple google search for DIY anemometer will pull up loads of
circuits for you, just not if ur attempting my 'phone-anemometer'
transmission method