Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Matthew Groat

Default Problems with Liftmaster remote

I have a Liftmaster garage door opener and two craftsman remotes. When
I program one of the remotes it works fine; but if I attempt to
program both remotes the later one will not work (I get no response as
I try to program it). I know both of the remotes work; I've tested
each one indavidually, but can't get the BOTH to work. Anybody have
any suggestions?

Matthew Groat wrote:
I have a Liftmaster garage door opener and two craftsman remotes.

When
I program one of the remotes it works fine; but if I attempt to
program both remotes the later one will not work (I get no response

as
I try to program it). I know both of the remotes work; I've tested
each one indavidually, but can't get the BOTH to work. Anybody have
any suggestions?

It sounds like you have one rolling code transmitter & one non-rolling
code. It doesn't happen very often but it is possible for a transmitter
to lose it's rolling code capability. If you have to erase the memory
to get the other trans to program after you programmed the 1st one,
this would be the case. Both types can work on the opener, but not at
the same time. All the trans need to be the same. Once they lose the
rolling code function they need to be replaced as it is non-repairable
according to the factory.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com