Electronics (alt.electronics)

Rtavi

Default 12v charger recommendation

We travel for 2 months each summer and often dry camp with no electrical
hookups. I need a good charger that will work on my trucks 12v cigarette
plug . So I can charge up the AA Nickel metal hydride batteries that I use
in my Sony dsc-W! cybershot. Do you have any recommendations or models to
avoid? Thanks.

Scott W

I tend to just use a 110v inverter, that way I can charge anything.

Scott

See http://nordicgroup.us/chargers/

But the answer is Maha MH-C401FS.

Avoid using a 110V inverter. It isn't necessary, and it complicates
things.

Pete D

wrote in message
oups.com...
See http://nordicgroup.us/chargers/

But the answer is Maha MH-C401FS.

Avoid using a 110V inverter. It isn't necessary, and it complicates
things.

I use both, depends on what I need to power.

I use a Power Tech Plus MB-3537, charges NiMh in about an hour and does up
to 4 cells on separate charge circuits.

tater schuld

I use a powerport 12 which runs off either a lighter plug or a wall wart.

It can charge two 4 packs of AA or AAA plus four AAA thru C (maybe D) for a
total of 12 batteries at a time.

do I need this? Heck YES. we use for our model rocket club the following....

cobra FRS radios (5 of them with 3 AA bateries)
my film camera just recieved a high speed autowinder (4 AA) and I have two
flashes for it (2 AA + 2 AA)
portable radio scanner for tracking rocket locators and monitoring aircraft
to avoid (4AA)
last year we built a RC lander/rover unit with 2 recievers (4 AA + 4 AA) and
two transmitters (8 AA +8 AA)

and I know I am missing *something* but that still come to over 50 AA
bateries. admittedly I do not have 50 AA batteries, as we usually grab
batteries from one thing to run another, but I am trying to get that
eliminated, thank goodness for ebay.....

I wont even get into the setup we have for launch controllers, as that is a
12 volt setup and we are building gear for that voltage standard as well
(camcorders, launch controllers, PA, FRS base radio, etc.)

--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

"Rtavi" wrote in message
We travel for 2 months each summer and often dry camp with no electrical
hookups. I need a good charger that will work on my trucks 12v cigarette
plug . So I can charge up the AA Nickel metal hydride batteries that I

use
in my Sony dsc-W! cybershot. Do you have any recommendations or models to
avoid? Thanks.

Ron Hunter

Pete D wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

See http://nordicgroup.us/chargers/

But the answer is Maha MH-C401FS.

Avoid using a 110V inverter. It isn't necessary, and it complicates
things.

I use both, depends on what I need to power.

I use a Power Tech Plus MB-3537, charges NiMh in about an hour and does up
to 4 cells on separate charge circuits.

An inverter can save purchasing, and carrying, several different 12v
chargers. That simplifies things. For a single device, you are correct.

--
Ron Hunter
Pete D

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Pete D wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

See http://nordicgroup.us/chargers/

But the answer is Maha MH-C401FS.

Avoid using a 110V inverter. It isn't necessary, and it complicates
things.

I use both, depends on what I need to power.

I use a Power Tech Plus MB-3537, charges NiMh in about an hour and does
up to 4 cells on separate charge circuits.

An inverter can save purchasing, and carrying, several different 12v
chargers. That simplifies things. For a single device, you are correct.

--
Ron Hunter

I have a 300Watt inverter in the car as well, for some things there simply
is not any 12V chargers and this way I can get by without.

Keith Brown

Keith said:

Do you know if this charger is available in Canada. If you do not I would
suppose other members of the organisation in Canada would. Are you
privileged to their address.

I have lots of chargers, four in line, but I have not been able to get one
that does eight "AAs" at a time.

I thank you:
Keith

"Rtavi" wrote in message
We travel for 2 months each summer and often dry camp with no electrical
hookups. I need a good charger that will work on my trucks 12v cigarette
plug . So I can charge up the AA Nickel metal hydride batteries that I

use
in my Sony dsc-W! cybershot. Do you have any recommendations or models
avoid? Thanks.

Bob Salomon

In article ,
"Keith Brown" wrote:

I have not been able to get one
that does eight "AAs" at a time.

The Ansmann Energy 16 does up to 12 AA or AAA at one time + up to 2 9V.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Keith Brown

Keith said:

I found it but it is out of stock I guess everybody else wants it too.

I thank you for your help: