Jerry G.

Default nimh charger (intelligent versus non-intelligent)?

All the intelligent chargers that I have worked with, will flash and go
to a standby trickle charge when the battery is charged. The non
intelligent ones keep frying the battery. If the battery is very warm
to the touch after about 12 to 15 hours I am sure that it is being
overcharged.

Read the specs on the charger and battery to work out the proper charge
time. When this time has expired, remove the battery from the charger.

If you cannot do this, get an AC type timer and program it for this.
You can get some nice timers for light controlling at most hardware
centres. Make sure that the timer is rated for transformer devices. If
the timer can work with a florescent type lamp that uses a ballast
transformer, it can work with your charger.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Sam Kaan" wrote in message
om...
How can you tell if a NIMH battery charger is of the intelligent type
or non intelligent. I recently bought a V-2833 charger and notice
after 15hours the LED won't blink off, so I pulled it out of the wall
outlet. Now I am wondering if the charger is the dumb type (won't
shut off even when battery is fully charged). The model I bought is
exactly these ones here. Anyone know if its the dumb or smart
charter? I got it for a good price.

http://www.saveateagle.com/nimbatcharw4.html
http://quovadis.tv/2833.html