Electronics (alt.electronics)

Chris W

Default Where to get short lengths 4 conductor wire

I am looking for a 4 conductor round cable with each conductor being 16
or 18 Ga. I need the cable to fit tight in a strain relief I already
have in the control box. The current cable is about .3" in diameter and
it could go as high as about .34", so 5/16 would be perfect. I have
found cables like that on Mouser but they want over $4/ft with a minimum
of 100ft. I only need about 10 feet. Oh yeah. They need to be rated
for at least 110V AC, 18 or 16 ga is plenty for the current they will
carry.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com
Rich Grise

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:32:39 -0600, Chris W wrote:

I am looking for a 4 conductor round cable with each conductor being 16
or 18 Ga. I need the cable to fit tight in a strain relief I already
have in the control box. The current cable is about .3" in diameter and
it could go as high as about .34", so 5/16 would be perfect. I have
found cables like that on Mouser but they want over $4/ft with a minimum
of 100ft. I only need about 10 feet. Oh yeah. They need to be rated
for at least 110V AC, 18 or 16 ga is plenty for the current they will
carry.

Try Home Depot or similar, in the electric department.

Good Luck!
Rich

JeffM

4 conductor round cable with each conductor being 16
or 18 Ga
about .3" in diameter
Mouser...want over $4/ft with a minimum of 100ft
Chris W

:Home Depot or similar
: Rich Grise

Places like this are often overlooked:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=calaerosupply+90723
(Surplus by the pound.)

Rich Grise

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:00:14 -0800, JeffM wrote:

4 conductor round cable with each conductor being 16

or 18 Ga
about .3" in diameter
Mouser...want over $4/ft with a minimum of 100ft
Chris W

:Home Depot or similar
: Rich Grise

Places like this are often overlooked:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=calaerosupply+90723
(Surplus by the pound.)

I've been there. In fact, I got an 8" dial caliper there for
about thirty bucks. :-) It's a pretty awesome surplus store, if you like
big piles of stuff. ;-)

They have a whole room dedicated to spools of wire.

Cheers!
Rich

JeffM

Places like this are often overlooked:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=calaerosupply+90723

I've been there.
Rich Grise

Yeah. I figured that would strike a chord.

In fact, I got an 8" dial caliper there for about thirty bucks.

I remember the days before Harbor Freight and the Chinese onslaught
when $30 was a good price for a dial caliper.
Now HF puts 6" digital units on sale 3 times a year for $19.
Can't say I recall seeing an 8" one there tho.

It's a pretty awesome surplus store,
if you like big piles of stuff. ;-)

Yes it is and yes I do.
This was even better when I lived in L.A. County.

They have a whole room dedicated to spools of wire.

Ah. We come back to the OP's point.
Yup. Like I said, these joints are often overlooked.