Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jack

Default Floppy Disk Drive

Hi Edward,
Do a "Google" search you will get hunderds of hits.
Jack
"Edward Cit" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to interface a PC's floppy disk drive to a microprocessor based
system. Does anyone know what the interface to a floppy disk drive is
called? Also, does anyone know what the specification is called?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Cit

"Edward Cit" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to interface a PC's floppy disk drive to a microprocessor based
system. Does anyone know what the interface to a floppy disk drive is
called? Also, does anyone know what the specification is called?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for you replies.

I've looked on the recommended site and I've also done a thousand searches
in Google, but im still unable to find a official specification. I've got
the pin out of the connector but I need know what the signals mean etc etc.

Does anyone know the name or the location of the specification?

Thanks,

tim kettring

Ed ,

The quickest and easiest solution is to just get an Apple II or Apple
IIe with Disk IIs , and dos , and some old 5-1/4" floppy disks for
storage . They can be had on E-bay and Ham-fests , I am in no hurry so
will buy only at Ham-Fest due to shipping $$ .

Schematics are available at Librarys for these units , and they are
fast !!

There are even proto-boards for them , I built a DTMF ( touch-tone )
telephone number decoder for dirt-cheap...saved over 100$ .

Sorry , but service-literature is pretty impossible to find for the
newer computers !!!...much less , the Periperals !!!

Good Luck .

tim CET MD-238

"Edward Cit" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to interface a PC's floppy disk drive to a microprocessor based
system. Does anyone know what the interface to a floppy disk drive is
called? Also, does anyone know what the specification is called?

Thanks in advance,

tim kettring

Sorry instead of Apple II ( slang ) , I meant ( correctly ) Apple II+
or Apple IIe , the Real Origional Apple II is way too valuable as an
antique to play with ( although most people call an Apple II+ , an
Apple II )
Forget about any other apples !!!