tim kettring

Default Floppy Disk Drive

Ed ,

The quickest and easiest solution is to just get an Apple II or Apple
IIe with Disk IIs , and dos , and some old 5-1/4" floppy disks for
storage . They can be had on E-bay and Ham-fests , I am in no hurry so
will buy only at Ham-Fest due to shipping $$ .

Schematics are available at Librarys for these units , and they are
fast !!

There are even proto-boards for them , I built a DTMF ( touch-tone )
telephone number decoder for dirt-cheap...saved over 100$ .

Sorry , but service-literature is pretty impossible to find for the
newer computers !!!...much less , the Periperals !!!

Good Luck .

tim CET MD-238

"Edward Cit" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to interface a PC's floppy disk drive to a microprocessor based
system. Does anyone know what the interface to a floppy disk drive is
called? Also, does anyone know what the specification is called?

Thanks in advance,