Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

Default Is this what they called it a Hybrid Capacitor?

6 capacitors 60 farad @ 2.7V EACH in serie, then they parallel with a 0.5
farad 16V. I don't see how you can get 60 farad out of this circuit. The
maximum you can get from this circuit is 10.5 Farad. How can they call
this a 60 Farad? No wonder why I am not getting the power it's supposed to
hold. I bought this funky Lanzar600 hybrid capacitor, and my voltage meter
shows its voltage drops fast!! Because it looks like one of the 6
capacitors felt off the PCB, and the 0.5farad hardware doesn't hold it
tight niether, so I think I'm getting 10 farad if I'm not wrong or less.

I thought the formula is supposed to be =
1/((1/C1)+(1/C2)+(1/C3)+(1/C4)+(1/C5)+(1/C6)) = ResultA in parallel with
C7(0.5farad) but C7 is not connected, I should end up with 10 farad? or 0.5
farad?

Sounds like a fraud product to me unless if I'm mistaken. I need you
experts to tell me if my thinking is wrong.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39:52 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

[...]

---
If this is what you're talking about: (View in Courier)

+-[C1]-[C2]-[C3]-[C4]-[C5]-[C6]-+
| |
+-------------[C7]--------------+
| |
A B

then there's 10.5F from A to B.

Also, if the capacitances of C1 - C6 aren't equal (which they won't be)
then the voltage across AB wont divide equally and you could easily get
2.7V across one or more of them.

Sounds to me like you've been had.

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, yes so true, From AMAZON - GOOLGOLSHOP -LANZAR600 Fake 60 farad
capacitor.

None of them wanted to give me refund or warranty, just had it in less than
3 days, what a fraud of America!

You don't have to go to Nigeria to see this ****.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:46:06 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Sorry about that...

Maybe if you contacted Lanzar directly you could get some satisfaction?

By Mail:
1600 63rd Street
Brooklyn N.Y. 11204

By Phone:
1-800-444-5671
718-535-1800

By Fax:
718-236-2400

By Email

For sales Questions Email

For support questions email

For Website questions email

---

You don't have to go to Nigeria to see this ****.

---
Yup.

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

Dont listen to words.
Get a cap meter and measure it yourself.
Then you will know for sure.

But please tell me this ...

If you put two capacitors in series,
Then do you get 180deg of phase shift across them
both or do you simply get 90 degrees
like in a single capacitor ???

I would like to build a filter but can
not find an exact value 1/2 of what I got
so I want to put two in series but since this
filter relies on phase shift will putting
two in series to get the right value
mess up the needed phase shift of 90 degrees.

Regards,
ELI the ICE Man
(p.s.)Voltage leads current by 90 deg in an inductor.
Current leads Voltage in a capacitor by 100 grads.

"Richard" wrote in message net...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

Geoffrey wrote:
Dont listen to words.
Get a cap meter and measure it yourself.
Then you will know for sure.

But please tell me this ...

If you put two capacitors in series,
Then do you get 180deg of phase shift across them
both or do you simply get 90 degrees
like in a single capacitor ???

I would like to build a filter but can
not find an exact value 1/2 of what I got
so I want to put two in series but since this
filter relies on phase shift will putting
two in series to get the right value
mess up the needed phase shift of 90 degrees.

Regards,
ELI the ICE Man
(p.s.)Voltage leads current by 90 deg in an inductor.
Current leads Voltage in a capacitor by 100 grads.

When you put two capacitors in series, the total circuit capacitance can
be calculated by:-

1/CT = 1/C1 + 1/C2

i.e. invert the value of each capacitor, add these values then invert again.

Effectively, by putting the two capacitors in series, you are increasing
the distance between the capacitors plates.

Phase shifting will still be the same, as phase shift is not due to the
capacitor alone, but in the capacitor and the circuit resistance.

Daniel

Hybrid Table Saw Mike Woodworking 13 March 23rd 09 02:53 PM
DO IT YOURSELF HYBRID KIT [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 1st 08 07:57 PM
150 mpg Hybrid SUV [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 29th 08 07:28 PM
Capacitor Start, Capacitor Run Motor Robowang Electronics Repair 13 October 18th 06 08:11 PM
Hybrid lighting [email protected] UK diy 5 April 19th 06 02:22 PM