Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Default want a simple ladar detector

Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver with
built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video appliances? Or
does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.
Thankyou in advance.
Peter

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Nov 13, 1:44 pm, "Peter" wrote:
Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver with
built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video appliances? Or
does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.
Thankyou in advance.
Peter

Ladar detector?? - as in Laser Radar?

Dave.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

"David L. Jones"
"Peter"

Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver
with
built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video appliances?
Or
does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.

Ladar detector?? - as in Laser Radar?

** No.

The OP is obviously very superstitious, a bad speller and blind.

What he actually wants is a " ladder " detector, so he can avoid ever
walking underneath one and suffering years of bad luck.

Bet he asks for a black cat detector next.

Meooow......

...... Phil

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Wouldn't he ask for a "Blak kat" detector or similar.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

walking underneath one and suffering years of bad luck.

Bet he asks for a black cat detector next.

Meooow......

..... Phil

Been done over 30 years ago! See Monty Python "Fish Licence" sketch about
the Cat detector van.

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/co...thon/fish.html

TT

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 02:44:27 -0000, Peter wrote:

Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver with
built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video appliances? Or
does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.
Thankyou in advance.
Peter

If you mean radar detector, as in speed cameras, don't. They don't warn you till it's too late, and they pick up loads of other crap, like the motion detectors on traffic lights to adjust timings, and something on petrol stations, and loads of other stuff.

Get a GPS and load a speed camera database onto it, it warns you a mile in advance, giving you plewnty of time to slow down. The database contains every single fixed and mobile spot and can be purchased for a couple of quid from various web sites.

A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Peter wrote:
Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR
receiver with built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home
audio/video appliances?

Easier just to look, and avoid walking under them.

geoff

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Peter wrote:

Correct I am talking about Laser speed dectection, hence the reference to an
IR (Infra Red) receiver.

The whole idea of using the laser is to let them pick out one vehicle
to check speed. They have already caught you if you are speeding, so
what good would it do? Are you planning to outrun them?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

Most comercial Radar detectors nowadays also detect Ladar (Laser - OK!)
So if anyone has one and feels game enough to open it up (this is an
electronics newsgroup isn't it!)
then if you post the InfraRed receiver part number, I can look up specs for
it and compare to a run of the mill model.

news
wrote:

[...]

http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

"Peter" wrote in message
Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

Most comercial Radar detectors nowadays also detect Ladar (Laser - OK!)
So if anyone has one and feels game enough to open it up (this is an
electronics newsgroup isn't it!)
then if you post the InfraRed receiver part number, I can look up specs
for it and compare to a run of the mill model.

What part of "They don't warn you till it's too late" didn't you
understand?
Peter is also correct when he says "and they pick up loads of other crap"

It won't work, forget it. The commercial ones are sold to a gullible public
who want to believe such a thing can actually work.

And just to answer your question, no, you cannot use the 3 pin type IR
receiver. They have a 38KHz bandpass filter, and hence will reject
everything else.

Dave.

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

"Peter"

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.

** No-one should take your ****WIT question the least bit seriously.

Shame you missed the GIANT hint I left you.

By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)

** The correct term is "LIDAR".

****wit.

Most comercial Radar detectors nowadays also detect Ladar (Laser - OK!)

** ALL totally ILLEGAL in Australia and many other places.

****wit.

So if anyone has one and feels game enough to open it up (this is an
electronics newsgroup isn't it!)

** Sure it is -

but also ain't no info fest for ****wit, criminal arseholes like YOU -
pal.

SO **** off and DROP DEAD

- you ****ing TOP POSTING ****** !!!!!

..... Phil

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:25:43 GMT, "Peter"
wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

What's wrong with the GPS way? It covers all the known hideout spots. It doesn't matter what methos the cops are using.

wrote:

[...]

The true mark of a civilized society is when its citizens know how to hate each other peacefully.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:24:34 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter wrote:

Correct I am talking about Laser speed dectection, hence the reference to an
IR (Infra Red) receiver.

The whole idea of using the laser is to let them pick out one vehicle
to check speed. They have already caught you if you are speeding, so
what good would it do? Are you planning to outrun them?

Presumably it's meant to pick up stray particles fomr the laser when they are using it on the previous car.

The teacher had given the class an assignment. He stresses the importance of this particular assignment, and that no excuses will be accepted except illness (with a medical certificate) or a death in the immediate family (with
a note from that member).
A smart-ass student pipes up: "What about extreme sexual exhaustion, sir?"
The class breaks up laughing, and when they settle down the teacher responds with: "Well, I guess you'll have to learn to write with your other hand."

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:32:02 -0000, Phil Allison wrote:

"Peter"

[...]

Grow up.

[plonk]

Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

What's wrong with the GPS way? It covers all the known hideout spots. It doesn't matter what methos the cops are using.

You are kidding, right? "All the known hideout spots..." All of them?
Around here, that would be virtually the entire state, or at least
that part of the state where are are roads, at least. Get real, speed
traps are setup wherever the cop wants it to be.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

What's wrong with the GPS way? It covers all the known hideout spots. It doesn't matter what methos the cops are using.

You are kidding, right? "All the known hideout spots..." All of them?
Around here, that would be virtually the entire state, or at least
that part of the state where are are roads, at least. Get real, speed
traps are setup wherever the cop wants it to be.

Don't feed the troll.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc
WW WW is offline

"Peter" wrote in message
Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver
with built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video
appliances? Or does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.
Thankyou in advance.
Peter

Peter.... I have an instrument in all my vehicles that will eliminate
tickets for speeding. It is called a speedometer. WW

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

What's wrong with the GPS way? It covers all the known hideout spots. It doesn't matter what methos the cops are using.

You are kidding, right? "All the known hideout spots..." All of them?
Around here, that would be virtually the entire state, or at least
that part of the state where are are roads, at least. Get real, speed
traps are setup wherever the cop wants it to be.

Then your cops are cleverer than ours. In the UK, cops have zero qualifications. They sit in the easy spots, same ones every time. And you can guarantee they will only be there in nice weather.

We were home alone the other night. The kids were out, and it was nice and quiet.
We were resting on the couch, my head in my wife's lap, when she took off my glasses.
"You know," she said sweetly, "without your glasses you look like the same handsome young man I married."
"You know," I said, "without my glasses, you still look pretty good too!"

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

wrote:

Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

There is no defense against laser speed detectors.

What's wrong with the GPS way? It covers all the known hideout spots. It doesn't matter what methos the cops are using.

You are kidding, right? "All the known hideout spots..." All of them?
Around here, that would be virtually the entire state, or at least
that part of the state where are are roads, at least. Get real, speed
traps are setup wherever the cop wants it to be.

Don't feed the troll.

Don't be such an ignoramus. I have a GPS, as do thousands of others. And it works. NO speeding tickets.

Why is bra singular and panties plural?
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:53:02 -0000, WW wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
Can you build a simple ladar detector using a standard 3pin IR receiver
with built in preamp of the type used in a lot of home audio/video
appliances? Or does it have to be a super sensitive one?
If so, then some part numbers would be appreciated.
And a schematic if one exists.
Thankyou in advance.
Peter

Peter.... I have an instrument in all my vehicles that will eliminate
tickets for speeding. It is called a speedometer. WW

Two problems with that. Firstly it's best to concentrate on the road, not the dash. Secondly, speed limits are far too low and must be broken.

Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?
Ask your mum.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Peter Hucker wrote:

Don't be such an ignoramus.

Heed your own advice, troll.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:07:08 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

Don't be such an ignoramus.

Heed your own advice, troll.

Why do you call someone a troll because their opinion differs to yours, ignoramus?

Friends are like condoms: They protect you when things get hard.
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Peter Hucker wrote:

Don't be such an ignoramus.

Heed your own advice, troll.

Why do you call someone a troll because their opinion differs to yours, ignoramus?

While you continue to call people names who expose your lies and
ignorance.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Peter Hucker wrote:

Don't be such an ignoramus.

Heed your own advice, troll.

Why do you call someone a troll because their opinion differs to yours, ignoramus?

While you continue to call people names who expose your lies and
ignorance.

I have not lied on this group. Point out the proof.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

Testing a CO detector [email protected] Home Ownership 12 October 30th 07 09:21 PM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM
METAL DETECTOR J T Woodworking 0 May 8th 05 10:55 PM
Water Detector Himszy Electronics 0 January 16th 05 07:37 PM