Posted to alt.electronics,aus.electronics,sci.electronics.misc
David L. Jones David L. Jones is offline

Default want a simple ladar detector

"Peter" wrote in message
Thankyou for being one of the few who took this question seriously.
By "Ladar" I am refering to Laser speed detection. (And no I did not make
the term up)
As for "Radar", I have a GPS with fixed position speed cameras defined, so
I'm fine there.

Most comercial Radar detectors nowadays also detect Ladar (Laser - OK!)
So if anyone has one and feels game enough to open it up (this is an
electronics newsgroup isn't it!)
then if you post the InfraRed receiver part number, I can look up specs
for it and compare to a run of the mill model.

What part of "They don't warn you till it's too late" didn't you
understand?
Peter is also correct when he says "and they pick up loads of other crap"

It won't work, forget it. The commercial ones are sold to a gullible public
who want to believe such a thing can actually work.

And just to answer your question, no, you cannot use the 3 pin type IR
receiver. They have a 38KHz bandpass filter, and hence will reject
everything else.

Dave.