Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Voltage question

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 02:38:38 -0400, "Jim P"
wrote:

I have a voice recorder that uses 2 AAA batteries.
I only get about 8 hours of recording out of the 2 batteries and I would
like to attach a power supply
by soldering it to the battery terminals. How many volts can I apply to the
device without frying the circuits?

---
In series, 2 AAA cells give you 3V, so that's what you should use.
---

The configuration of the batteries are as follows

Top of device

+ -
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
- +

---
The terminals on one end of the battery holder will be connected
together in order to connect the cells in series. Solder your
supply connections to the other terminals, + to + and - to -.

--
JF

Posted to alt.electronics

what type of batterys or we should says "cells"
Nickel-cadmium for example gives 1.2 volts per cell

Jim P wrote in message
I have a voice recorder that uses 2 AAA batteries.
I only get about 8 hours of recording out of the 2 batteries and I would
like to attach a power supply
by soldering it to the battery terminals. How many volts can I apply to the
device without frying the circuits?

The configuration of the batteries are as follows

Top of device

+ -
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
- +

DC Voltage Recorder Question Bob Home Repair 18 December 18th 05 09:59 AM
Voltage Question onyxx Electronics Repair 3 September 10th 05 08:08 PM
Low Voltage Transfromer Question [email protected] Home Repair 8 August 5th 05 03:23 PM
Voltage question marcb UK diy 17 June 16th 05 09:35 PM
low voltage downlight question Sleepy Sam Home Repair 1 April 10th 05 11:06 PM