Sleepy Sam

Default low voltage downlight question

Hi all.

I have 4 low voltage downlights in the kitchen and one recently blew.

After replacing it, I find that when I turn the lights on in the kitchen,
the 3 that didnt blow come on, and the one I replaced flicks on just a split
second AFTER the other 3.

Why is that? Did I change it incorrectly? Different wattage or voltage? No
idea...

RBM

There are a number of types of low voltage lamps used in downlights, the
most common being MR-16 halogen. These lamps are wicked hot and tend to burn
the sockets that they are plugged into. When this happens, you get a layer
of this burnt material insulating the lamp from the connections,causing
anything from a slight delay to flickering to not working at all. Some
manufacturers like Lightolier have quick disconnects on the socket leads so
you can replace it easily, others must be spliced in
HTH
"Sleepy Sam" wrote in message
news
Hi all.

I have 4 low voltage downlights in the kitchen and one recently blew.

After replacing it, I find that when I turn the lights on in the kitchen,
the 3 that didnt blow come on, and the one I replaced flicks on just a
split
second AFTER the other 3.

Why is that? Did I change it incorrectly? Different wattage or voltage? No
idea...

Wall heater thermostat question... Speedy Jim Home Repair 3 December 10th 04 12:49 AM
Resistance Question Zero Electronics 2 July 1st 04 11:06 PM
Battery Voltage spec Andrew McKay UK diy 10 August 21st 03 11:42 PM
Gas Dryer repair question Bob A. Bui Home Repair 4 July 6th 03 05:19 AM
Question about possible 'floating neutral' donald girod Home Repair 1 June 30th 03 03:47 AM