Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Default AC+DC adder to drive Piezo

Hi,
I bought an AC piezo driver (0-20V, bandwidth100kHz).
I also have a DC piezo driver (0-150V).
I want to build something that can add those two signals.

I tried to use a high-power, ultra-fast OpAmp to make a simple adder.
The problem I got so far is that the rising time is killed when I
connect the piezo (C=600nF). I need a rising time of less than 10us for
Vpp=20V.
The other problem with this design is that the 2 drivers output are not
isolated from each other.

Does anyone has an idea on how I can solve my problem.
Does anyone know good reference (book, web site...) to build piezo
drivers.

Thank you very much for your help.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

I need a DC piezo driver because I use the piezo as a linear motor in
the nano-micrometer range.
So by changing the DC voltage I change the piezo length.
This is very common in (nano) physics research lab.

wrote:
Why would you or anyone need a d.c. piezo driver? I'm obviously
missing something here.

Harry C.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc
John Fields

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:34:19 GMT,
(Mike_in_SD) wrote:

So whats up with the request to bottom post ..

what is convenient for some is a pain for others

when you have people that insist on posting the whole
post of the previous poster, its a pain to have to
scroll thru the history to get to a one line answer.

bottom posting never did make sense

---
When you're inconsiderate of others who may come to the thread some
time after it started, then it may not seem to make much sense, even
though it does. You don't read a book backwards, and it's
inconsiderate to force others to read a series of articles

Even Google thinks so.

http://groups.google.com/support/bin...2348&topic=250

"Summarize what you're following up.

When you click "Reply" under "show options" to follow up an existing
article, Google Groups includes the full article in quotes, with the
cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it is to just
start
typing your message, please STOP and do two things first.
Look at the quoted text and remove parts that are irrelevant.
Then, go to the BOTTOM of the article and start typing there.
Doing this makes it much easier for your readers to get through your
post. They'll have a reminder of the relevant text before your
comment, but won't have to re-read the entire article.
And if your reply appears on a site before the original article
does,
they'll get the gist of what you're talking about."

---
BTW, speaking of being considerate, you need to clean up your
punctuation as well as learn to top-post as the Romans do.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc
jasen

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.misc.]
On 2006-06-29, Mike_in_SD wrote:

So whats up with the request to bottom post ..

it puts stuff in chronological (or conversation) order.

when you have people that insist on posting the whole
post of the previous poster, its a pain to have to
scroll thru the history to get to a one line answer.

That's what the page-down key is for.

having to scroll to the bottom of the post to see what your talikng
about and then back up to the message is worse.

Bye.
Jasen