Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc
jasen

Default AC+DC adder to drive Piezo

On 2006-06-26, wrote:
Hi,
I bought an AC piezo driver (0-20V, bandwidth100kHz).
I also have a DC piezo driver (0-150V).

these figures represent what?

I want to build something that can add those two signals.

connect the devices in series?

use a resistor network?

I tried to use a high-power, ultra-fast OpAmp to make a simple adder.
The problem I got so far is that the rising time is killed when I
connect the piezo (C=600nF). I need a rising time of less than 10us for
Vpp=20V.
The other problem with this design is that the 2 drivers output are not
isolated from each other.

tell us what else you need first.

Does anyone has an idea on how I can solve my problem.

no idea what your problem is.

Does anyone know good reference (book, web site...) to build piezo
drivers.

seems like a push-pull outyput stage is all that's needed...

Bye.
Jasen