Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc

Default AC+DC adder to drive Piezo

Yes, correct.

John Fields wrote:
On 26 Jun 2006 12:23:27 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
I bought an AC piezo driver (0-20V, bandwidth100kHz).
I also have a DC piezo driver (0-150V).
I want to build something that can add those two signals.

---
Please bottom post.

you say you bought an AC piezo driver, but you claim that it goes
from zero to 20 volts, which makes it a DC piezo driver which can
swing between zero and 20 volts.

Then you say that you have a DC piezo driver which can swing from
zero to 150 volts, and that you want to add the outputs of both
drivers.

From that I gather that you'd like to be able to, say, crank the
150V driver up to 150V and let the 20V driver ride on that, so the
piezo would be seeing a signal varying from 150V to 170V at a 100kHz
rate.

Is that what you want?

--
John Fields