Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Bill

Default Garage door opener remote

Having bad luck trying to find the replacement remote for our Overhead Door
system, led me to try and adjust the quirky one giving trouble.
It is a single button type with a tuning slug which I got working after
spraying the board with Static solution for pc boards.
The slug is rather loose and needs readjustment often not holding its
position. Sometimes a sizeable turn is needed to get the damn thing to work.
What would you think of putting a thread glue on it?
Suggestions are welcome.

--
Bill W.

Posted to alt.electronics
Papa_J

Remember in the old (Ancient) radios, a very fine piece of thread with a
bit of Bees Wax slid down along side the slug, then gingerly retune the
slug, melt a bit more wax over it to secure it. Actually paraphane or candle
wax may also work except for the fact it may become very soft when in the
auto on a hot summer day.
Otherwise, maybe a bit of slow curing crazy glue, once you have the slug in
position it probably will not be adjustable again, without a bit of
fingernail polish remover fluid being applied.
I personally would try for a fine piece of thread alongside the slug, then
secure it once the fiddling is done. Good Luck.
news