Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default Photo Circuits

Thanks everyone for all the answers to my previous questions. My photo
circuit is mostly done. Done in the fact that it works. It could probably
use much improvement, but it works. I built it on a bread board and mounted
it in a hard plastic VHS tape case. (Had to use a razor blade to cut off the
inside ring for the video tape.) Those actually make reasonably nice project
cases, and the transluscent ones even allow one to easily see indicator LEDs
without having to drill holes for them. But I worry that they kind of
plastic that the transluscent ones are made from may be static prone. Anyone
know?

I have rediscovered how useful those 555 timers are.

Anyway, thanks again.
Henry

Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

On 2006-01-10, Henry wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the answers to my previous questions. My photo
circuit is mostly done. Done in the fact that it works. It could probably
use much improvement, but it works. I built it on a bread board and mounted
it in a hard plastic VHS tape case. (Had to use a razor blade to cut off the
inside ring for the video tape.) Those actually make reasonably nice project
cases, and the transluscent ones even allow one to easily see indicator LEDs
without having to drill holes for them. But I worry that they kind of
plastic that the transluscent ones are made from may be static prone. Anyone
know?

probably they are. you could line them with antistatic plastc (ask at any
place that assembles computers they'll have heaps.)

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

"Jasen Betts" wrote in message
On 2006-01-10, Henry wrote:
[...]

Atually I previously asked at 3 different places (like CompUSA, etc.) for
anti-static foam or plastic and was told that they have none. Some said they
throw it away immediately, some said that it goes with the customer.

Henry

Posted to alt.electronics
Rich Grise

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:50:14 -0500, Henry wrote:
"Jasen Betts" wrote in message

probably they are. you could line them with antistatic plastc (ask at
any place that assembles computers they'll have heaps.)

Bye.
Jasen

Atually I previously asked at 3 different places (like CompUSA, etc.)
for anti-static foam or plastic and was told that they have none. Some
said they throw it away immediately, some said that it goes with the
customer.

Henry

Go to the ones that say they throw it away, and ask, "When does it
go into the dumpster? Can I wait outside for some? Thanks!"

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:50:14 -0500, Henry wrote:
"Jasen Betts" wrote in message

probably they are. you could line them with antistatic plastc (ask at
any place that assembles computers they'll have heaps.)

Bye.
Jasen

Atually I previously asked at 3 different places (like CompUSA, etc.)
for anti-static foam or plastic and was told that they have none. Some
said they throw it away immediately, some said that it goes with the
customer.

Henry

Go to the ones that say they throw it away, and ask, "When does it
go into the dumpster? Can I wait outside for some? Thanks!"

Good Luck!
Rich

Except I live in a rural area and these places are 20-30 miles away. But I
will try again next time I make a trip to those shopping mecca areas.

Henry

Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

On 2006-01-12, Henry wrote:

Atually I previously asked at 3 different places (like CompUSA, etc.) for
anti-static foam or plastic and was told that they have none. Some said they
throw it away immediately, some said that it goes with the customer.

try smaller.

At work we mainly do support but build PC's about once a week, we're always
throwing that stuff out.

--

Bye.
Jasen