Electronics (alt.electronics)

Default Splitting 12v into 6v - Image1.jpg (0/1)

Hi,

To conserve space would I be able to use a 12v power source to power 2
pinhole cameras which require 6v each?

The cameras have a mini DC input which then attaches to a battery clip
on the battery pack

I've attached a small diagram of what I'm attempting to help
illustrate my question.

Should I plug in both cameras first then attach the battery?

Regards,

Sean
Alexander

schreef in bericht
Hi,

To conserve space would I be able to use a 12v power source to power 2
pinhole cameras which require 6v each?

The cameras have a mini DC input which then attaches to a battery clip
on the battery pack

I've attached a small diagram of what I'm attempting to help
illustrate my question.

Should I plug in both cameras first then attach the battery?

Regards,

Sean

Don't connect them in series, the equation you think of works fine with 2
equal loads. The load of the cameras will "never" be equal you will most
likely destroy one and immediatly after that the other.
Why don't you use some kind of Voltage Regulator??? If you use the LM317 you
can make almost every Voltage needed.