Jimlemon

Default Splitting willow

I recently laid hands on a willow trunk about 8" diameter and 7' long. Seems I
saw something somewhere about splitting this kind of piece into strips for
basket weaving ( 'tain't neither OT- it's wood, ennit?) but I'm not having much
luck. Anyone have any advice or sources of info?
Thanks-
Jim Lemon
Larry Jaques

On 07 Dec 2003 18:31:10 GMT, (Jimlemon) brought forth
from the murky depths:

I recently laid hands on a willow trunk about 8" diameter and 7' long. Seems I
saw something somewhere about splitting this kind of piece into strips for
basket weaving ( 'tain't neither OT- it's wood, ennit?) but I'm not having much
luck. Anyone have any advice or sources of info?
Thanks-
Jim Lemon

http://tinyurl.com/y6ci googlized "splitting willow weaving"

--This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels--
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases
tshiker

Tom Watson wrote in message
Get a copy of Foxfire One from the library. Good article on what you

seek. Great series.

Tom: I thought I was the only one who read the FoxFire books. Lots of
good stuff in there.

Tom S.