Boris Mohar

Default ViewSonic 21PS loosing focus

Hello,

My faithful Viewsonic 21PS started acting up. At first the horizontal scan
was jittery as if each line didn't start at exactly same spot. That would go
away after few minutes. Now it started to loose focus , especially when the
background is very dark (HV reg? load dependent?) Also when it come in focus
the horizontal scan has a mild wave as if some kind of supply ripple is
getting through. Eventually this to disappears and it starts working normally
except for a bit of a horizontal wave. When it goes in power save and comes
back, the whole process repeats. I have reasonably well equipped shop. If
someone could point me in the right direction It would be most appreciated.

--

Boris Mohar

I have a 21" Panasonic that has problems much
like yours. I believe your ViewSonic monitor
is made by PanaSonic.
Send me an E-Mail so that I can describe
what I am doing with mine.
John
jdgill at juno.com