Tor Tveitane

Default Clean yellow plastic on Fluke Multimeters..

Hi,

From time to time my Fluke equipment is used in a dirty environment.
Unfortunately it's difficult to clean the yellow plastic.

What do you guys do to clean your yellow fluke equipment?

rgds

Tor

Jerry G.

Remove the yellow cover.

You can clean it with a product called VIM. I have no idea if it is sold in
your area. Some people have used a commercial type of dish washing soap, and
had success. I do not know what brand. I also heard of some people putting
it in the dishwasher. Another friend of mine cleaned his with hair shampoo.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Tor Tveitane" wrote in message
Hi,

From time to time my Fluke equipment is used in a dirty environment.
Unfortunately it's difficult to clean the yellow plastic.

What do you guys do to clean your yellow fluke equipment?

rgds

Tor

NSM

"Tor Tveitane" wrote in message
Hi,

From time to time my Fluke equipment is used in a dirty environment.
Unfortunately it's difficult to clean the yellow plastic.

What do you guys do to clean your yellow fluke equipment?

Use a liquid domestic cleaner with a little caustic soda in it.

steve

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:22:48 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Tor Tveitane" wrote in message
Hi,

From time to time my Fluke equipment is used in a dirty environment.
Unfortunately it's difficult to clean the yellow plastic.

What do you guys do to clean your yellow fluke equipment?

Use a liquid domestic cleaner with a little caustic soda in it.

For the rubberized yellow cover, like a 73, we use wd-40, followed
quickly by 409, for just plastic, 409. Steve