Glenn Watkins

Default Computerized replacement for the NARDA 515 Electronics Repair Form ?

Wow,

I haven't been on this forum for ages. I used to be a regular.

Oh well. I closed my TV Repair Business after almost 30 yrs and now repair
and upgrade computers from my home.
I still use the old NARDA #515 along with a typewriter. (no I'm not kidding)

here's a link: http://www.chicago-direct.net/ecom1/...ectronics1.asp

I am looking for a replacement that I can print using my computer and
printer.
I found this site: http://www.quick-invoice.com/product_info.html

and it almost fits the bill, but doesn't have room for things like:

- Customers Complaint
- Repair Information
- Make/Model/Serial Number, etc
- Hours spent

Does anyone know of a good (cheap) electronics repair invoicing program ?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

NSM

"Glenn Watkins" wrote in message
Wow,

I haven't been on this forum for ages. I used to be a regular.

Oh well. I closed my TV Repair Business after almost 30 yrs and now repair
and upgrade computers from my home.
I still use the old NARDA #515 along with a typewriter. (no I'm not

kidding)

here's a link: http://www.chicago-direct.net/ecom1/...ectronics1.asp

Avoid anything that cannot be printed with a laser (pref) or inkjet. Impact
printers and forms are dying out.

I am looking for a replacement that I can print using my computer and
printer.
I found this site: http://www.quick-invoice.com/product_info.html

and it almost fits the bill, but doesn't have room for things like:

Microsoft have forms for MS Office or MS Works you can adapt to suit
yourself. They also save the info so you don't need 4 copies.

Doug

Hi Glenn
I remember your name from Service Talk ~ 1997-1999
Any way I closed my shop up beginning of 2000.
I still have a lot of those 515 forms if you want them however they had
my company name address imprinted on them.
If you still have any old TV parts some of these guys may want to buy
them to fix older sets...
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?
Heygood luck
Doug Mcfarland

Glenn Watkins

Hi Doug,

I remember your name (I think).
I gave all my TV stuff (parts and test equipment) to a friend that still
services PTV's for a living.
I'm 100% into computers now and won't touch another TV. I'm burned out after
30+ yrs at it.

I still have about 500+ Narda Forms (imprinted) left over from my TV days. I
want to create better looking,
more professional invoices and keep track of customers and repairs using my
computer instead of using an old manual typewriter and a metal filing
cabinet.

I'm gonna play around with MS Office and see what I can come up with, but in
the meantime if anyone out there in cyberland
knows of a good Repair Invoicing Program, I'd like to know about it.

I sure wish I was a programmer.

Glenn

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Glenn
I remember your name from Service Talk ~ 1997-1999
Any way I closed my shop up beginning of 2000.
I still have a lot of those 515 forms if you want them however they had
my company name address imprinted on them.
If you still have any old TV parts some of these guys may want to buy
them to fix older sets...
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?
Heygood luck
Doug Mcfarland

Michael A. Terrell

Glenn Watkins wrote:

I still have about 500+ Narda Forms (imprinted) left over from my TV days. I
want to create better looking,
more professional invoices and keep track of customers and repairs using my
computer instead of using an old manual typewriter and a metal filing
cabinet.

I'm gonna play around with MS Office and see what I can come up with, but in
the meantime if anyone out there in cyberland
knows of a good Repair Invoicing Program, I'd like to know about it.

I sure wish I was a programmer.

Glenn

Glenn, I know a programmer who is looking for his next freelance
project. If there is enough interest in the type software you want I'll
put you in touch with him and let you see what kind of deal you can
make.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell