anticon

Default $1000.00 Reward - Help reduce/remove PLASMA TV BURN-IN

Hello all,

This is not a joke, we will give anyone who can help us or point us to
the right person, to remove plasma burn in.

I know everyone says this is impossible, but we want to try anything
before we give up...

If you have a solution or know someone who might have a
solution..please send us an email....We will exchange contact
information and we will stay in touch ..

Thanks again..

Jerry G.

I used to service broadcast TV cameras that used plumbicon tubes. When they
had a very slight burnin, we were able to point the camera at a very bright
white charge with a very wide opened aperture to try to burn out any burns
that were in the photo sensitive part of the tube. For mild burns this
worked okay. When the burns were severe, the only cure was to change the
plumbicon tube. Back in the mid 70's, these tubes were about $3000 each, so
you can imagine the expense.

When one was changed, we had to change the other two colours along with it,
or the colour tracking of the camera could never be set up to properly
match. If there was only a little difference between the emissions of the
tubes, this was able to be compensated for in the alignment of the colour
tracking. Most of the time, all the three tubes had to be changed.

In theory, what may work is if you were able to set up a very precise
pattern of an opposite burn, and have the tube exposed long enough. If you
had a very good effects pattern generator, you could probably experiment
along that line.

I have seen burns in very expensive picture tubes used in broadcast TV
monitors. Sometimes the operators would leave some text graphics up for long
periods of time. If the monitor is later required for very precise
production use, it would not be able to be used as such. Many of the
broadcasters who have much more expensive equipment than your plasma
displays would love to fine a way to get the burns out of the tubes, and
would pay a lot more than $1000 for an answer.

In your situation, the only solution is to change the plasma panel in your
monitors. If you have the set-up, and the skills to do this type of work, it
may be feasible, if you have a volume of these monitors to do. If your
volume of displays is enough, maybe the factory service would be able to do
this at a reasonable rate for you. Their mark-up would not be high on the
parts. Only the labour would be costly, because skilled technicians have to
be paid a fair wage for their work.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"anticon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

This is not a joke, we will give anyone who can help us or point us to
the right person, to remove plasma burn in.

I know everyone says this is impossible, but we want to try anything
before we give up...

If you have a solution or know someone who might have a
solution..please send us an email....We will exchange contact
information and we will stay in touch ..

Thanks again..

Harvey

"anticon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

This is not a joke, we will give anyone who can help us or point us to
the right person, to remove plasma burn in.

Didn't you 'give away' one of these a few weeks back?

Or didn't you believe the answers last time?

Or was you hoping somebody would fall for the scam were you ask them for
delivery charges upfront then supply nothing but excuses?

[...]

ChrisCoaster

Very simple - check your "Contrast" or "Picture" setting in the Video
menus. Chances are it was set to max at the factory, along with
several other settings.

I set my conventional direct-views as follows, and these settings
*should* work for other types of TV as well: 0(min) 5(middle) 10(max):

Contrast/Pictu 6(If I lived in a safe I would set it even lower, but
alas I DO have windows in my home)
Brightness: 4 or 5
Color: 3 or 4(Most sets internally crank up the color and look cartoony
IMO)
Tint: 5 or 6(10 = green sidee too much red push in most sets I've seen)
Sharp: 6

All other presets - OFF
SVM - OFF
Color Temp: Neutral

but remember your set's numbering system may differ - I know Toshibas
go from 0(min) to 64(max), so figure out for yourself where the middle
of those two numbers is.

Remember, your TV is simply another window added to your house. If you
experience eyestrain after 3 hours of fooball, a movie, or NASCAR or
whatever, your eyes aren't the problem - your TV is too damn bright -
Set it right!

Happy viewing!

-CC

Bruce Esquibel

Harvey wrote:

: Or was you hoping somebody would fall for the scam were you ask them for
: delivery charges upfront then supply nothing but excuses?

The OP, for lack of a better term, is a junk dealer. Buys out surplus
electronics and other stuff, sells it on their website. Been spammed by them
for years.

Chances are they got screwed, probably bought out old units from an airport
or something, likely damaged way beyond what most of you are thinking about
the burn condition. Chances are there areas so dark they barely are visible
lit up.

Maybe they fell for that "plasma tv's can be recharged" joke that was
going around a while back.

Sounds like they are getting desparate.

-bruce

NSM

"Bruce Esquibel" wrote in message

The OP, for lack of a better term, is a junk dealer. Buys out surplus
electronics and other stuff, sells it on their website. Been spammed by

them
for years.

Chances are they got screwed, probably bought out old units from an

airport
or something, likely damaged way beyond what most of you are thinking

about
the burn condition. Chances are there areas so dark they barely are

visible
lit up.

Maybe they fell for that "plasma tv's can be recharged" joke that was
going around a while back.

Sounds like they are getting desparate.

They got two good suggestions - reverse burn them or use them with some
graphical background display. I see no other ways except to pay to recycle
them.

Sam Goldwasser

Bruce Esquibel writes:

Harvey wrote:

: Or was you hoping somebody would fall for the scam were you ask them for
: delivery charges upfront then supply nothing but excuses?

The OP, for lack of a better term, is a junk dealer. Buys out surplus
electronics and other stuff, sells it on their website. Been spammed by them
for years.

Chances are they got screwed, probably bought out old units from an airport
or something, likely damaged way beyond what most of you are thinking about
the burn condition. Chances are there areas so dark they barely are visible
lit up.

Maybe they fell for that "plasma tv's can be recharged" joke that was
going around a while back.

Sounds like they are getting desperate.

If they are that desperate, they should be willing to send samples to
each of the regulars here, shipping prepaid, for an evaluation, and
possible destruction (e.g., they don't get them back).

Basically, what they are asking for is worth a lot more than $1,000,
by a few orders of magnitude if successful.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Sam Goldwasser

"NSM" writes:

[...]

Yeah, how do you restore a few thousand or few hundred thousand worn out
neon lamps.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Ken Weitzel

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"NSM" writes:

[...]

Change the series resistors. Hand pick each value, of
course. Might take a while, so pack a lunch

Ken