Sam Goldwasser

Bruce Esquibel writes:

Harvey wrote:

: Or was you hoping somebody would fall for the scam were you ask them for
: delivery charges upfront then supply nothing but excuses?

The OP, for lack of a better term, is a junk dealer. Buys out surplus
electronics and other stuff, sells it on their website. Been spammed by them
for years.

Chances are they got screwed, probably bought out old units from an airport
or something, likely damaged way beyond what most of you are thinking about
the burn condition. Chances are there areas so dark they barely are visible
lit up.

Maybe they fell for that "plasma tv's can be recharged" joke that was
going around a while back.

Sounds like they are getting desperate.

If they are that desperate, they should be willing to send samples to
each of the regulars here, shipping prepaid, for an evaluation, and
possible destruction (e.g., they don't get them back).

Basically, what they are asking for is worth a lot more than $1,000,
by a few orders of magnitude if successful.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.