Jerry G.

I used to service broadcast TV cameras that used plumbicon tubes. When they
had a very slight burnin, we were able to point the camera at a very bright
white charge with a very wide opened aperture to try to burn out any burns
that were in the photo sensitive part of the tube. For mild burns this
worked okay. When the burns were severe, the only cure was to change the
plumbicon tube. Back in the mid 70's, these tubes were about $3000 each, so
you can imagine the expense.

When one was changed, we had to change the other two colours along with it,
or the colour tracking of the camera could never be set up to properly
match. If there was only a little difference between the emissions of the
tubes, this was able to be compensated for in the alignment of the colour
tracking. Most of the time, all the three tubes had to be changed.

In theory, what may work is if you were able to set up a very precise
pattern of an opposite burn, and have the tube exposed long enough. If you
had a very good effects pattern generator, you could probably experiment
along that line.

I have seen burns in very expensive picture tubes used in broadcast TV
monitors. Sometimes the operators would leave some text graphics up for long
periods of time. If the monitor is later required for very precise
production use, it would not be able to be used as such. Many of the
broadcasters who have much more expensive equipment than your plasma
displays would love to fine a way to get the burns out of the tubes, and
would pay a lot more than $1000 for an answer.

In your situation, the only solution is to change the plasma panel in your
monitors. If you have the set-up, and the skills to do this type of work, it
may be feasible, if you have a volume of these monitors to do. If your
volume of displays is enough, maybe the factory service would be able to do
this at a reasonable rate for you. Their mark-up would not be high on the
parts. Only the labour would be costly, because skilled technicians have to
be paid a fair wage for their work.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"anticon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

This is not a joke, we will give anyone who can help us or point us to
the right person, to remove plasma burn in.

I know everyone says this is impossible, but we want to try anything
before we give up...

If you have a solution or know someone who might have a
solution..please send us an email....We will exchange contact
information and we will stay in touch ..

Thanks again..