Colin A

Default Xerox 5317 copier no go

I Have a Xerox 5317 copier which refuses to respond to the start button.
Everything else is working, I've had the circuit board out and the switch is
100% OK electrically just no copies.
any ideas anyone?
Cheers
Colin

N Cook

"Colin A" wrote in message
. uk...
I Have a Xerox 5317 copier which refuses to respond to the start button.
Everything else is working, I've had the circuit board out and the switch

is
100% OK electrically just no copies.
any ideas anyone?
Cheers
Colin

no error code or red "spanner" or similar ?

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse

Is that copier setup for one of those code reader boxes that disables
the start until either the correct code is entered on an accessory side
box, or the pass card is entered. Look for a connector on the side of
the machine. If it has it, it likely simply needs the code box
connected and the correct code sent to the copier.

Some copiers also have a built in lock function, looks like it will
work, but won't start until the correct password is entered on the
keypad.

Where did this copier come from?

Colin A

It came from a company my wife worked for. It's been working OK (ish) until
recently when it has generally become more cantakerous. It gives no red
spanners or anything, it just sits there ready to go and refuses to respond
to the green button, all the other buttons do what they're supposed to.
Needless to say it's only got really bad since I donated it to the local
church!
Cheers
Colin
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is that copier setup for one of those code reader boxes that disables
the start until either the correct code is entered on an accessory side
box, or the pass card is entered. Look for a connector on the side of
the machine. If it has it, it likely simply needs the code box
connected and the correct code sent to the copier.

Some copiers also have a built in lock function, looks like it will
work, but won't start until the correct password is entered on the
keypad.

Where did this copier come from?

Michael A. Terrell

Colin A wrote:

It came from a company my wife worked for. It's been working OK (ish) until
recently when it has generally become more cantakerous. It gives no red
spanners or anything, it just sits there ready to go and refuses to respond
to the green button, all the other buttons do what they're supposed to.
Needless to say it's only got really bad since I donated it to the local
church!
Cheers
Colin

Does it have a mechanical copy counter, and is it stopped on a
multiple of 50,000? Some of them shut down to force you to call the
service man to clean it and replace an $90 (Wholesale) EEPROM used as
the electronic page counter. My church just went through this with a
Xerox copier but I don't know the model number at the moment. I think
its a real rip off. The EEPROM is chip on board on a custom plug to
prevent reverse engineering. I would like to find a scrap copier with
the mating connector to decipher the pinouts. Someone has cloned them,
but the copier tech wouldn't tell me who sold them.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida