Bob W

Default Canon PC-6re copier

I've had this copier for a number of years but this summer when the
humidity was high it took several passes through to get a decent copy.
Now the air is dryer but it won't copy at all. I'm wondering if
there is a HV supply that is dead? Is anyone familiar with this
machine?

Bob
Cobalt

Check the Corona Wire, it has a habit of getting dirty full of toner, and if
that happens usually it wont transfer the image.

"Bob W" wrote in message
om...
| I've had this copier for a number of years but this summer when the
| humidity was high it took several passes through to get a decent copy.
| Now the air is dryer but it won't copy at all. I'm wondering if
| there is a HV supply that is dead? Is anyone familiar with this
| machine?
|
| Bob

Bob W

Thanks for your suggestion. I just carefully cleaned the corona wire
on the copier bed. Removed a lot of toner from the shiny metal trough
and made sure there was no toner on the wire. I than ran the cleaner
brush through the cartridge. Still nothing at all appearing on the
paper. I'm still suspecting the HV. Is there an easy way to test
the supply?

Bob

"Cobalt" wrote in message ...
Check the Corona Wire, it has a habit of getting dirty full of toner, and if
that happens usually it wont transfer the image.

"Bob W" wrote in message
om...
| I've had this copier for a number of years but this summer when the
| humidity was high it took several passes through to get a decent copy.
| Now the air is dryer but it won't copy at all. I'm wondering if
| there is a HV supply that is dead? Is anyone familiar with this
| machine?
|
| Bob

Cobalt

have never seen the PS go on one of these before. Did you check the fuse?
Usually if you see alot of Toner in there esp on the Corona, it means it
really needs a good complete internal cleaning. Try Air in a Can to blast
out the loose toner, but do not breathe any of it in.

If still nothing , try posting here, its a very helpful board:

http://www.smarka.com/

"Bob W" wrote in message
om...
| Thanks for your suggestion. I just carefully cleaned the corona wire
| on the copier bed. Removed a lot of toner from the shiny metal trough
| and made sure there was no toner on the wire. I than ran the cleaner
| brush through the cartridge. Still nothing at all appearing on the
| paper. I'm still suspecting the HV. Is there an easy way to test
| the supply?
|
| Bob
|
| "Cobalt" wrote in message
| Check the Corona Wire, it has a habit of getting dirty full of toner,
and if
| that happens usually it wont transfer the image.
|

| "Bob W" wrote in message
| om...
| | I've had this copier for a number of years but this summer when the
| | humidity was high it took several passes through to get a decent copy.
| | Now the air is dryer but it won't copy at all. I'm wondering if
| | there is a HV supply that is dead? Is anyone familiar with this
| | machine?
| |