Colin A

It does have a copy counter but I don't know what it's up to - if that's
what's up with it then it'll have to go in the bin I suspect. Seems a pity.
Cheers
Colin

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Colin A wrote:

It came from a company my wife worked for. It's been working OK (ish)
until
recently when it has generally become more cantakerous. It gives no red
spanners or anything, it just sits there ready to go and refuses to
respond
to the green button, all the other buttons do what they're supposed to.
Needless to say it's only got really bad since I donated it to the local
church!
Cheers
Colin

Does it have a mechanical copy counter, and is it stopped on a
multiple of 50,000? Some of them shut down to force you to call the
service man to clean it and replace an $90 (Wholesale) EEPROM used as
the electronic page counter. My church just went through this with a
Xerox copier but I don't know the model number at the moment. I think
its a real rip off. The EEPROM is chip on board on a custom plug to
prevent reverse engineering. I would like to find a scrap copier with
the mating connector to decipher the pinouts. Someone has cloned them,
but the copier tech wouldn't tell me who sold them.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida