SB20

Default RCA F36649 CTC203 H-Drive Help

I have a RCA F36649 (CTC203) with a problem that has gotten worse. It
started with the picture going black then coming back 30seconds to 3
minutes later. Now there is just a high pitch whine and the unit won't
power on. No response with Power&Menu+Vol-up.

There is a visable problem with the T13401 and a ton of glue on the
L14401. I plan on resodering and cleaning the glue of the coil. I am
still confused on the whining sound though. COuld it be a transformer or
am I just missing something? Thanks!

Art

Noise is probably the SMPS squealing because the horiz output is not
shorted. May also need the LOPT. Definately do the rework on L14401 before
replacing the rest of the items.
"SB20" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I have a RCA F36649 (CTC203) with a problem that has gotten worse. It
started with the picture going black then coming back 30seconds to 3
minutes later. Now there is just a high pitch whine and the unit won't
power on. No response with Power&Menu+Vol-up.

There is a visable problem with the T13401 and a ton of glue on the
L14401. I plan on resodering and cleaning the glue of the coil. I am
still confused on the whining sound though. COuld it be a transformer or
am I just missing something? Thanks!

SB20

Great, thanks for the advice. I'll get started this. Any advice the best
way to remove that darn glue? Also what is the best way to get at the
solders?

SB20

I am a little confused now on a couple of parts now. What part numbers
might I need. Are all these part numbers going to be the same as a 27"
CTC203? I would perfer to make just one parts order.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

RonKZ650

For some reason they don't use the same transistor in the 36" model.
The one you want is RCA part # 237470 or a generic # 2SC5148. A common
transistor used in older RCA larger screen models and many Sony TVs.
Should be easy to get. Try it first. If the transistor shorts
immediately, you need the HV transformer RCA # 244247.
SB20 wrote:
I am a little confused now on a couple of parts now. What part

numbers
might I need. Are all these part numbers going to be the same as a

27"
CTC203? I would perfer to make just one parts order.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Art

Use the 237470, some have reported problems using the generic replacments.
The glue should strip or flake off the pcb after removal of the coil. Flux
cleaner will get rid of the residue, screape the lead wires of the coil and
reinstall it. Check the LOPT also seen a few that T14401 has failed.
oups.com...
SB20 wrote:
I am a little confused now on a couple of parts now. What part

numbers
might I need. Are all these part numbers going to be the same as a

27"
CTC203? I would perfer to make just one parts order.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

SB20

A big thanks to everyone!!! I replaced the Q14401 and cleaned and
resoldered the L14401. It works! Thanks again,

Steve