Shoreline Electronics

Common issue with L14401 having a faulty connection on it.

Because you let the problem linger it now had damaged the Horizontal Output.

Replace the shorted output and resolder the coil and you should be OK.

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"Art" wrote in message
Noise is probably the SMPS squealing because the horiz output is not
shorted. May also need the LOPT. Definately do the rework on L14401 before
replacing the rest of the items.
"SB20" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I have a RCA F36649 (CTC203) with a problem that has gotten worse. It
started with the picture going black then coming back 30seconds to 3
minutes later. Now there is just a high pitch whine and the unit won't
power on. No response with Power&Menu+Vol-up.

There is a visable problem with the T13401 and a ton of glue on the
L14401. I plan on resodering and cleaning the glue of the coil. I am
still confused on the whining sound though. COuld it be a transformer or
am I just missing something? Thanks!